This Almond Coffee Green Smoothie is a deliciously healthy way to jump start your day! It’s like having your breakfast and coffee in one easy drink…and I promise, it doesn’t taste green!
Did I lose you at green smoothie? Wait! Come back! I promise, if you try this, you will never, ever know there is anything green in this smoothie! It tastes like your favorite iced coffee drink from your local coffee spot! I think, even better!
This smoothie idea came about because of my need for some caffeine and breakfast on one busy morning. I wanted my smoothie and my coffee simultaneously! Ever since, it’s become a favorite!
Almond Coffee Green Smoothie
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach about 1 or 2 large handfuls
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- about 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1/8 cup whole raw almonds about 12 almonds, optional
- honey or pure maple syrup to taste
- Blend all of the ingredients in a blender for 40 to 60 seconds, or until smooth.
- Pour into a serving glass or travel cup to go.
*This post was originally published on December 12, 2012. It’s been updated with fresh images and text.
If you love this Almond Coffee Green Smoothie, you may also love…
I LOVE SEEING PHOTOS OF RECIPES THAT YOU’VE MADE!
Before you take a bite, snap a photo with your phone, follow me on INSTAGRAM and tag it with #TASTELOVEANDNOURISH