These Chai Spiced Oatmeal Crisps are perfect for gift giving! Layers of simple ingredients mix with just some butter and an egg to quickly bake up crunchy, crisp cookies.
Over the past few years, I’ve found a couple of things that make the holidays just a bit sweeter. One of them involves homemade gifts from the kitchen.
Being on the receiving end of a handcrafted gift, I can tell you, means so much. That kind of thoughtfulness is more meaningful than anything you can purchase in a store.
A cookie mix, like this one, is simple to put together and even easier for the recipient to whip up in a pinch with little effort.
These crunchy spiced crisps taste like the holidays. Their chai flavor is warming and really nice with a cup of hot tea or coffee.
They’d be a welcome shortcut for anyone wanting a quick cookie fix during the hectic season or even after.
To make this cookie mix even more fun to give, I’ve created labels in the perfect size to help you tuck a sweet message, lottery ticket, gift certificate or even cash just behind it. There’s also a label for the lid to give your recipient a little clue.
Just print them out (click on the images below for a pdf version), cut them out around their borders and tie them on with some baker’s twine or ribbon. The lid label fits under most wide canning jar lids.
Click the images below for printable labels!
Gifts like these are perfect for hostesses, office parties, teachers, secret Santas or anyone who loves cookies and surprises!
Chai Spiced Oatmeal Crisps Mix
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup rolled old fashioned oats
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- Add to the mix:
- 5 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Spoon the mixture into a pint-sized jar. In the same small bowl, whisk the cinnamon, allspice, cardamom, ginger and black pepper to combine. Layer the spice mixture into the jar and use a spoon to level it out over the flour. Add the oats to the jar and level them out. Finally, add the dark brown sugar, pressing it down to keep the ingredients from shifting around. Place the lid on the jar and decorate as desired.