My daughter and I regularly test out new ways to satisfy our chocolate cravings without a ton of sugar. Not an easy task, but not impossible either. We think the trick is to focus on great ingredients that you feel good about using instead of fixating on the things you cannot have. These chocolatey muffins are loaded with our favorite go-to’s like, whole grain oats for structure and fiber, ripe bananas to add sweetness, dark cocoa powder that is full of antioxidants, natural peanut butter and Silk Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk for plant-based sources of protein.
You already know how much I love using all of Silk’s milks for everything from smoothies to baking and even for savory cooking. What I love about their unsweetened soy milk is the amount of protein, B vitamins and calcium it provides without being a source of cholesterol or high saturated fats. The added plus is that it’s an organic, non-GMO source of soy protein that tastes amazing!
So, when that late-day chocolate craving hits, this quick and easy recipe is perfect. It all whips up quickly in your blender, then bakes in about ten minutes.
Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
- 1/2 cup Silk Organic Unsweetened Soy Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 medium ripe bananas peeled
- 1/4 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dark cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup coconut palm sugar or dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 3 tablespoons mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees. Line a muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
- In your blender, combine all of the ingredients, in the order given, except the chocolate chips. Blend on medium high speed for 35 to 40 seconds, or until smooth and well blended. Remove the blender pitcher from the base.
- Add the chocolate chips into the mixture and stir in with a spoon or spatula. Pour the mixture into the muffin tins about 2/3 full (about 1/4 cup per muffin). Feel free to add a few more mini chips on top.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean.
- Allow to cool in the tins for just about 3 minutes then cool completely on a wire rack.
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.