We cannot watch a movie or any big television event in my house without popcorn! My daughter and I have a lot of popcorn topping combinations, depending on our mood and what we are watching. Girl’s Night usually involves M&Ms! This one came to me the other night when I was making popcorn for me and me alone! That never happens. I love the flavors of rosemary, parmesan and lemon together. It just sounded amazing on popcorn. And it is.
You may have seen this method of popping popcorn on the internet recently. It’s wonderful. Using a paper lunch bag, some popcorn kernels and your microwave you get a fat-free-canvas-of-a-snack to do with whatever you wish! I’ll never go back to buying pre-packaged microwave popcorn again!
Rosemary Parmesan Popcorn
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels I use organic popcorn
- 1 large paper lunch bag
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- a bit of cracked black pepper
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated Parmesan cheese to keep this vegan, sub with 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- zest of one lemon
- In a paper lunch bag, add the popcorn kernels and fold the top of the bag down two times. Place in your microwave and cook on high for about 3 minutes and 45 seconds. Microwaves vary greatly, and after many attempts, that is what I found to work with mine. Err on the side of less time when you are doing this...burnt popcorn is awful!
- While the popcorn is popping, combine the olive oil, rosemary, sea salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- When the popcorn is done, pour it out into a large bowl, drizzle with the olive oil mixture, then grate the Parmesan and the lemon over top and mix.