I am not a morning person. Well, not until I’ve had my first cup of coffee…and my second…OK, sometimes, even my third. After that, well, I tend to go, go, go all day until I hit the bed at night. I love being busy, but I admit, some days I need that coffee more than others.
In warmer weather, I love to drink my coffee iced or frozen, like in this yummy frozen latte. What I love about making my own latte at home is being able to control the ingredients. This recipe tastes so creamy and decadent, but is incredibly low in fat and low in sugar. If you know me, you already know how much I use almond milk. I love the flavor, the texture and that it’s a plant-based substitute for regular milk. Using almond milk allows me to create recipes lower in calories without any added sugar that are actually higher in calcium and without any cholesterol. I love Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk in this recipe. It has such a great vanilla flavor that goes so well with some added almond extract and paired with a nice strong shot of espresso!
I really think you’re going to love this even more than any coffeehouse latte you’ve ever had!
Vanilla Almond Frozen Latte
- 1 shot espresso 1 ounce, cooled
- 3/4 cup Silk Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- 1 1/2 - 2 teaspoons honey or pure maple syrup optional, adjust to desired sweetness
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1 cup ice cubes (about 8 to 10 cubes)
- In a blender, combine the cooled espresso, almond milk, honey or maple and almond extract. Blend on high speed for 15 seconds. Add ice, cover and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.