Almond Coffee Green Smoothie
This Almond Coffee Green Smoothie is a deliciously healthy way to jump start your day! It's like having your breakfast and coffee in one easy drink…and I promise, it doesn't taste green! Vegetarian | Vegan | Gluten Free
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach about 1 or 2 large handfuls
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 of a frozen banana
- about 5 or 6 ice cubes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant espresso
- 1/8 cup whole raw almonds about 12 almonds, optional
- honey or pure maple syrup to taste
Blend all of the ingredients in a blender for 40 to 60 seconds, or until smooth.
Pour into a serving glass or travel cup to go.
The almonds are optional in this recipe. I like the added protein they provide, but you can either omit them or try adding chia seeds, hemp seeds or a scoop of vegan protein powder.
Taste test before adding maple or honey. I find that the banana adds plenty of sweetness. You may not need to anything more.