Spinach and Kale Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
This Spinach and Kale Salad with Honey Dijon Vinaigrette has been my family's favorite! It's a great spin on a traditional spinach salad.
- About 8 cups baby spinach and baby kale combined
- 4 hard boiled eggs peeled and chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 4 small ripe tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 medium red onion sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 4 tablespoons roasted sunflower seeds
- 4 tablespoons hulled hemp seeds
- <b>Honey Dijon Vinaigrette</b>
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
Either on a large serving platter or divided onto four dinner plates, arrange the spinach and kale and top with the remaining ingredients, up to the hemp seeds.
In a small bowl or in a jar with a tight fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients and either whisk or shake until emulsified.
Top the salad with the dressing just before serving. Store any additional dressing covered in the fridge.