Bourbon Glazed Orange Spiced Pumpkin Bread
Bump your pumpkin bread up a notch with this Bourbon Glazed Orange Spiced Pumpkin Bread. Fall flavors that will make your mouth super happy, but with a bit less sugar and with heart-healthy fats. Easy, quick and perfect for breakfast, snacks or even dessert!
Servings 1 loaf
- 1 1/2 cup 195g all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large eggs* room temperature
- 1/2 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- zest of one small orange I use mandarin oranges
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- pinch or two of orange zest
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 10-inch loaf pan or line it with parchment.
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice and nutmeg.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs lightly. Add the avocado oil, apple sauce, sugar, orange zest and vanilla. Whisk to combine. Add the pumpkin and whisk again until smooth.
Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients. Stir and fold just until combined.
Pour the mixture into your prepared baking pan.
Bake for 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Cool completely before glazing.
Mix the glaze ingredients together in a small bowl. Using a small spoon or whisk, drizzle over the top.
If you'd rather make this without bourbon, use 1 tablespoon of fresh orange juice in its place.
*To make this vegan, substitute the three eggs with two flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flax seed + 6 tablespoons water).