Blueberry Switchel (Haymaker's Punch)
This Blueberry Switchel, or Haymaker's Punch, is a fresh twist on an old-time farmer's recipe. Do away with artificial sports or energy drinks and enjoy this natural thirst quenching drink.
- 4-5 1/8- inch slices fresh ginger
- 4 teaspoons raw unfiltered apple cider vinegar
- 4 teaspoons pure maple syrup
- pinch Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup R.W. Knudsen Just Blueberry juice
- 4 cups filtered water
- crushed ice for serving
- fresh blueberries for serving optional
Combine the ginger slices, apple cider vinegar, maple, salt, juice and water in a pitcher. Stir to combine. Refrigerate.
To serve, fill a glass with crushed ice, a few blueberries (if using), and fill to the top with the switchel.
For a more intense ginger flavor, try grating the ginger instead of slicing it. You'll want to strain it when serving.
For a sparkling drink, try using sparkling water or seltzer water in place of the filtered water.