This simple Mediterranean Omelet or Omelette (both are correct), whips up quicker than you'd imagine. If you love bold Mediterranean flavors, the feta cheese, Kalamata olives, tomatoes and roasted red peppers in this fluffy omelet are calling your name. | Vegetarian | Gluten-Free
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- extra virgin olive oil
- small handful fresh baby spinach coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons diced roasted red pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons feta cheese crumbles
- 1 tablespoon sliced Kalamata olives
- fresh parsley
In a small bowl, whisk the egg and milk and set aside.
Grease the inside of the omelet maker with just a bit of olive oil. Add the spinach, peppers and tomato. Microwave for 30 seconds. Add the egg mixture and give it a stir. Microwave for 2 1/2 minutes or until set in the middle. Add the feta and olives. Fold over and serve with a sprinkling of parsley and additional tomato and cheese if desired.