Raw Almond Espresso Fudge Brownies
Super simple, easy and healthy, this Raw Almond Espresso Fudge Brownie recipe is made with no refined sugars, is low carb, vegan, paleo and gluten free. Each serving has less than 180 calories and just 6 grams of sugar!
Servings 9 squares
- 3 cups almond flour
- 6 about 4 ounces or 115 grams medjool dates, pitted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder or raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 teaspoons espresso powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pink Himalayan or fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 tablespoons water
- <b>Frosting and Toppings</b>
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 1/4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 ounces raw almonds crushed
- sea salt flakes
- crushed espresso beans (optional)
Line an 8-inch baking pan with parchment.
In the bowl of your food processor, combine all of the ingredients from the almond flour to the water. Process and pulse until combined. When the mixture begins to come together, it should be done.
Press the brownie mixture into the pan with a wooden spoon or your hands. I like to use a piece of parchment to press and smooth the top.
In a small bowl, melt the dark chocolate and the coconut oil in the microwave or over a double boiler. Stir to combine, then pour over the top of the brownies. Spread to smooth and sprinkle the top with the crushed almonds, some sea salt flakes and crushed espresso beans.
Place the pan in the refrigerator for about two hours to set. Cut into squares for serving.