Asparagus and Swiss Phyllo Quiche
This easy and lower carb version is incredibly easy and so delicious!
- 1/2 pound thin trimmed asparagus cut into 2 inch pieces
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cup milk I use whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 sheets 9x14 phyllo dough
- 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces shredded Swiss or Gruyere cheese
- 3 tablespoons sliced green onion
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Bring a medium saucepan, half filled with water, to a boil. Add the asparagus and simmer for just 45 seconds. Remove from the heat and drain. Run cold water over the asparagus and set aside.
In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs. Add the milk, mustard, salt and pepper and whisk to combine. Set aside.
Brush a 9 to 10 inch round baking dish with a bit of olive oil. Layer the sheets of phyllo in the dish, scrunching them up as you go and brushing the layers with olive oil. Torn sheets are fine.
Place the asparagus spears over the phyllo layer, then add the shredded cheese and green onion. Pour the egg mixture over the top.
Bake the quiche for 35 minutes or until a bit golden on top.
Serve warm or chilled.