Mixed Berry Tart
This simple, fresh tart is so easy and naturally dairy-free and gluten-free.
- 2 cups almond meal/flour
- a healthy pinch of sea salt
- a few shakes of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil room temperature
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 5.3 ounce containers Vanilla Silk Dairy Free Yogurt Alernative
- 2 to 3 cups of your favorite mix of fresh berries
In a medium bowl, combine the almond meal/flour, salt, cinnamon and the coconut oil. Using your hands (or a pastry blender) work the coconut oil into the almond meal/flour until it is distributed throughout. Add the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Using a spoon or spatula, mix until blended well.
Dump the dough into a 9 inch tart pan with a removable bottom. Spread the crumbs out to cover the bottom of the pan, then begin pushing the dough down with your fingers to form the crust.
Spread the Vanilla Silk Dairy Free Yogurt over the top of the crust. Freeze the tart for at least two hours or overnight.
Remove the tart and top with fresh berries.