Strawberry Papaya Salad
This salad is a perfect mix of sweet, fresh and savory. Vegetarian with vegan options.
- 8 cups your favorite mixed greens
- 1/2 large papaya seeded and cubed (use a whole small papaya)
- 1 pint strawberries hulled and halved
- 1/2 medium red onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint yellow grape tomatoes
- 1/2 english cucumber thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1 large avocado cubed
- 4 ounces blue cheese crumbled (omit to keep this vegan)
- Lemony Vinaigrette with Sumac:
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey use pure maple syrup to keep this vegan
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
In a jar or small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients. Set aside.
On a large platter, arrange your mixed greens. Top with the remaining ingredients and as much dressing as you’d like. There will be plenty left over to use on other salads. If you’d like, sprinkle a bit more sumac on top. Serve.