This Sweetheart Chocolate Bark could not be simpler to make. The heart swirls are so much fun! You’ll love my easy oven method of melting chocolate!
I can be so last minute when it comes to holidays. This year is no exception. Here we are, the day before Valentine’s Day and I’m in a rush to get this to you! I don’t normally share my sob stories here, but unfortunately I’ve been laid up with a bulging disc. I can hear the kitchen calling me…but it’s been impossible to do anything. My point in telling you this is that as unprepared as you may be…this easy chocolate bark is totally something you can do in minutes!
Chocolate bark couldn’t be easier to make and customize, (remember this Hippie Chocolate Bark?). Use my easy method of melting the chocolate base in the oven at a low temp, then there’s just a quick zap of the microwave to melt the white chocolate with some coconut oil. The hearts are simple and fun to do, especially for the kids. Lastly, sprinkle on some crushed freeze-dried berries and you’re done!
Wishing you all lots of love, hugs and sweets! xo
Sweetheart Chocolate Bark
- 6 ounces dark chocolate
- 1 ounce 1 tablespoon white chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coconut oil
- freeze dried berries
- Preheat your oven to 250 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment.
- Place the dark chocolate on the lined baking sheet. Put it on the center rack in the oven for about 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Place the white chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds, stir, then microwave for an additional 15 to 20 seconds, or until melted.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. With an offset spatula, spread the chocolate to about 1/8 inch thick. Smack the pan down on the counter a few times to get out any air bubbles. This will give you a smooth surface. While still warm, drop small drops of white chocolate randomly over the dark chocolate. Using a toothpick or skewer, run the tip through each dot, creating a heart shape, wiping the tip with a paper towel between each heart. Once you've created all of your hearts, sprinkle on some crushed berries.
- Allow the bark to sit for at least 1 hour or until solid. If necessary, place the sheet into the fridge or freezer briefly to harden.