I’ve been trying so hard to simplify things lately. Time management is not my strength. So, pair that with my flair of taking on anything and everything and you’ve got the equivalent of a madwoman. I’ve only got myself to blame.
So, when I noticed we had about three thousand frozen bananas in the freezer, I figured I’d make some banana bread. Mondays and Tuesdays are so busy…they flew by…no time to bake. Wednesday…no. Thursday…still, no. Friday, Saturday, Sunday…no, no, no. Yesterday was no different from any other busy Monday, but in my painful effort for simplification…I decided to throw those bananas into the blender and create the flavors of banana bread that can come together in 30 seconds flat. Guess what? I did it. And, yes, my desk is still covered in piles of papers and my to-do list is still screaming at me like an angry baby. But friends, after drinking both servings of this thick and frosty smoothie myself…I’m feeling pretty darn good.
- 1½ frozen bananas
- ¼ cup ice cubes
- 2 heaping tablespoons rolled oats
- 1 cup almond milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons toasted chopped walnuts
- Add everything but the walnuts to your blender. Process on high until nice and smooth. Pour into two glasses and top with a tablespoon of walnuts for each glass.