If you’ve been searching for a biscotti with the perfect texture…not too hard, not too soft, but absolutely just right, bookmark this Almond Olive Oil Biscotti recipe right now! Along with its great crunch, this biscotti is made with olive oil, making this sweet recipe even better!
Biscotti is a big deal in our house. I love keeping a jar full in the pantry for a quick, easy bite. Perfect with a cup of coffee, espresso or cappuccino in the morning or as an afternoon pick me up.
Super crunchy biscotti like this Hazelnut Almond Biscotti is incredible, but honestly, that version is truly made for dunking. This recipe, made with olive oil, has a crisp crunch without instilling fear of losing any teeth. Still wonderful dunked in a cup of coffee, but excellent on its own. These are hearty slices, but if you’d rather make smaller biscotti, I’ve provided details in the recipe notes to do that.
You can certainly adapt this recipe and add your favorite nuts, seeds or dried fruits. A drizzle of dark, milk or white chocolate couldn’t hurt, either.
These make a sweet gift for the holidays. Try standing the biscotti in a tall glass jar or wrapping them in some parchment and tying them with string. They will stay fresh and crunchy for up to two weeks.
Enjoy, my friends. I hope you find some quiet time during this busy season to relax with a cup of coffee and a few of these crunchy treats.
Almond Olive Oil Biscotti
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg plus 1 large egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons pure almond extract
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/2 cup toasted almonds lightly crushed
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Whisk together the flour baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- In another medium bowl, whisk the olive oil and sugar together. Add the eggs, almond and vanilla extracts and the orange zest. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the olive oil mixture over the flour mixture. Add the almonds, and with a sturdy spoon, mix just until the flour is combined.
- Place the dough onto a heavily floured surface. Roll it into a log about 10-inches long.
- Carefully move the log onto your prepared baking sheet. Bake it for 30 minutes.
- Remove the log and allow it to cool for 15 minutes. Using a thin serrated knife, cut the log into 1/2-inch slices.
- Place the slices on your baking sheet and return to the oven to bake for 7 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Allow the biscotti to cool on a wire rack before storing.
I LOVE SEEING PHOTOS OF RECIPES THAT YOU’VE MADE!
Before you take a bite, snap a photo with your phone, follow me on INSTAGRAM and tag it with #TASTELOVEANDNOURISH