Vanilla Almond Chai Green Smoothie - if you love the flavors of chai, this healthy smoothie will be your newest favorite | @tasteLUVnourish

Vanilla Almond Chai Green Smoothie

I try to drink some type of green smoothie every day. They just make me feel like I’m doing something wonderful for my body and, you may not believe this, but if you get over the whole “green” thing, they taste amazing. I try to experiment with some of my favorite flavors to change up my smoothies. My Almond Coffee Green Smoothie is my absolute favorite and has been really popular on the blog. This chai smoothie is a new favorite. If you love the flavors of chai, you’ll recognize them at first sip! I promise…you will never, ever taste the spinach.

Vanilla Almond Chai Green Smoothie

5 – 6 ice cubes
2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1/8 cup whole raw almonds (12 – 18), optional
1/2 frozen banana
1 cup fresh spinach (or more, if you’d like)
1 teaspoon honey or agave
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
pinch of ground cardamom
pinch of ground cloves
pinch of ground nutmeg
a few cracks of black pepper

Combine all of the ingredients into a blender. Blend on high until smooth.

Serves 2 small servings or 1 large serving

Notes:

• If you are using regular almond milk, add a teaspoon of vanilla extract
  • You can double this recipe to make two large servings. When doubling the “pinches” use a scant 1/8 teaspoon.
  • If you are looking for a strictly vegetable and fruit smoothie without any type of dairy or non-dairy milk product, you’ll love my Green Smoothie! It’s very fresh, fruity and citrusy!
FacebookTwitterGoogle+TumblrKindle ItStumbleUponRedditEmailPrintFriendlyShare a little love...

24 thoughts on “Vanilla Almond Chai Green Smoothie

1. Tawana Burnett

Thank you for sharing this recipe, you are absolutely right that you do not taste the spinach and I think will be a great option for my brunch menu with kids and friends who are not as in to green drinks.

The flavors are so refreshing and I definitely get the chai taste immediately, great for me as I recently given up Starbucks Chai tea!

I used unfrozen bananas, left out the honey and black pepper but otherwise followed exact. It’s amazing, going in my “fav file”.

1. Caroline Hurley Post author

It’ll take a while for me to lose the smile you put on my face, Tawana! I’m so happy you liked this and kudos to you for giving up your Starbucks! This is a great healthy alternative. So kind of you to take the time to share your experience!

2. Christina

ooohh new fave, so yummy!! I want to make another one right now! Used what I had on hand – skim milk, super greens mix (instead of spinach), 1 packet of monk fruit, skipped the cardamom cause I didn’t have any (but I will get some!). Can’t wait to make it again – thank you for the great recipe!

3. Jennie

I found this recipe on Pinterest and tried it today… It was delicious! I added vanilla whey protein powder too so it’s more of a meal replacement but otherwise didn’t mess with your recipe. Thanks so much… it’s now on the regular schedule! Lol :-)

4. Arielle

This smoothie was awesome! Loved it so much! Thank you for the recipe, I will definitely be making it many more times in the future. :)

5. Christine

Made this for breakfast. I have found a new love!! Even my picky son liked it. Used regular milk and 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein powder, instead of almond milk. Left out the stevia, since bananas are already high in sugar. Thanks for the recipe.

1. Caroline

Great substitutions, Christine! I love your ideas and I agree…if you’ve got a really sweet banana, you can leave the stevia out. Thanks so much for sharing! I’m so glad you and your son love this…I do too. We drink so many smoothies, I just like that this is something completely different.

6. Elizabeth

I think this is the best smoothie I have ever made!!! Thank you so much for posting this awesome recipe.

1. Caroline

Elizabeth, you’ve made my entire day! I am so happy you liked it so much! That is one of my favorites too! You are so sweet to take the time to come back and let me know! Thank you!

7. Morgan

I too am a huge fan of green smoothies! I probably have one for breakfast at least 3 or 4 times a week. It just sets my day off on the right foot. I am a huge fan of chai, so I’m thinking this will be tomorrow’s breakfast! I admire your bravery with the pepper! Does that add to the chai flavor? Thanks for sharing.

1. Caroline

I’m so glad you’ll be making this Morgan! Let me know how you like it! The pepper does sound odd, doesn’t it? But, yeah…pepper does add to the “chai” flavor. I just give my grinder a turn or two, so, it’s just a little bit. Thanks for stopping by!

8. Michelle

This is absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing the recipe. I made it a second time with the addition of Vanilla Whey Protein powder and regular unsweetened Almond milk…. also delicious with the added boost of protein.

1. Caroline

Michelle, you just made my day! I love hearing back from readers! The addition of the whey powder is an awesome idea! I’ll have to give that a try! Thanks so much for coming back to let me know you liked it and to pass along that great tip! Really sweet of you!

1. Caroline

Jen, I’m so glad you think so! I wasn’t sure how this would turn out when experimenting, but I was so surprised by how good it was! I hope you love it too! :)