This Strawberry Almond Granola, made with fresh sweet strawberries, is packed with crunchy almonds, pure vanilla and sweet maple. It whips up easily and makes an excellent topping for your favorite yogurt, in a bowl with some almond milk or just by the handful.
Vegan | Gluten-Free
Busy weekdays have had me skipping breakfast. That is not a good situation for me or anyone around me. This girl needs her nourishment. So, I got back into the swing of making a batch of granola every weekend to jar-up and use throughout the hectic week. Granola is so great for snacking on, but I love it mixed with fresh fruit and a splash of almond milk or on top of yogurt.
This granola is an idea I’ve had for ages, but never got around to testing. I’ve always wanted to bake fresh fruit into the granola instead of just mixing dried fruit into it after it’s baked. After a few tweaks, I think this strawberry granola is just perfect. I love how intense and sweet the flavor of the strawberries are throughout. They create chewy clusters amidst the crunchy oats and nuts that you will love.
Strawberry Almond Granola
- 8 ounces hulled and diced strawberries
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats see Notes
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup avocado oil or melted coconut oil
- In a small bowl, combine the diced strawberries with the maple and allow to sit for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 300 degrees. Line a large sided baking sheet with parchment.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, almonds, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Mix to combine.
- Add the vanilla and avocado oil to the strawberry mixture. Stir to combine.
- Add the strawberry mixture to the oats. Mix until the oats are well coated. Spread the oats evenly on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 1 hour, gently stirring the granola every 15 minutes. Allow to cool completely before storing in a glass jar.
If granola is your thing…take a peek at these tasty recipes:
I LOVE SEEING PHOTOS OF RECIPES THAT YOU’VE MADE!
Before you take a bite, snap a photo with your phone, follow me on